Pages

July 10, 2017

Pattern Stash: New Look 6892

7月の目標の一つ完成。
型紙はニュールックというブランドの6892番


July goal #1, New Look 6892 completed. I'm still working on redistributing the gathers so that the print sits correctly at the center. Please ignore the wrinkles. I took the photos after wearing it all day.


I made a View C, the cap sleeve version. This pattern is very loose fitting as you can tell from the cover model. So I cut a whopping size 6.


The fabric is cotton voile panel print. It has bit of glitters on the print.


It would have been nicer if this was a border print. But as I said it was a panel print and I only had 1 panel, just enough to put the 2 bodice patterns along the lower print and use the top print for the sleeve.

Because I was cutting the sleeves on a single layer, I forgot to flip the pattern and cut two right sleeves. I had just enough fabric to cut a new sleeve, but could not place the print to sit at the same place, so my left sleeve has less print than the right.


I like the style and this was a simple project. My only regret is that because I cut such a small size, while I like the amount of ease, the armhole and sleeves are a bit too small. If I make it next time, I would just cut size 10 or 12 that I'm supposed to be and take the width of the bodice from the center back/front.

No comments:

Post a Comment