Pages

March 12, 2017

Wearing My Shirt

出来上がったシャツ、洗濯したので着てみた。自分で作ったとは思えないな。自画自賛。


Now my shirt has been washed, I am totally wearing it. Thank goodness, no ironing was needed.


Do you know what MOTH said about my shirt? "Ellen Degeneres." Well, if I look as nice as Ellen Degeneres, I will consider it as a compliment.


I like the fit of the back.


So, this was my very first button down shirt, and I made it without using a single pin and without any hand-stitching, thanks to Janet Pray's Shirtmaking class on Craftsy. I have watched a couple of her other classes before, so I was familiar with her "no pin" method. With a stable fabric like this cotton shirting, I really did not need a single pin.

Also, I really like the fact that it was all machine-sewn. I enjoy hand-sewing, but I like a precise top stitching on a nice crisp shirt.

What I like about Janet Pray is that her class is entertaining and you can tell that she has taught this for hundreds of times. There are no "um"s and "ah"s and other unnecessary casual conversation fillers. She is confident in front of the camera, and the ease of teaching comes through the video. I like her diction. I probably said the similar thing about Suzy Furrer's Craftsy classes before, too. I highly recommend her shirtmaking class.

No comments:

Post a Comment